Saturday 18 June 2011

Word of the Day

I'm pretty sure this word is still from the first chapter of The Great Gatsby but I can't be certain. I have, you will all be pleased to know, read on since that point, and I have a whole wealth of new words to share with you over the next hundred years.


Today's Word:

Visceral


To do with the viscera, or affecting the viscera.

And thus here is word two:

Viscera

The collective word for the organs of the body.

So maybe not so useful...

But hoorah! Here is another, far more useful word to attend to your needs of learning a good new word each day! My mother literally just asked me what it means as she read it in an article.

Egregious

Extraordinary in a bad way.

Sentence example: He was a particularly egregious character.

No comments:

Post a Comment